Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Returning To Android OS 2.3.3 DXKI2

I recently upgrade my Samsung Galaxy S2 to a leaked version of Android OS 2.3.5 (XXKI3). You can Click here if you want to check it out. There were a few things I liked about the new firmware and a couple of things I disliked. Among the good things to consider would be the noticeably faster overall system response. One thing I disliked, but could live with, was the over scroll glow that replaced the original bounce effect. I think this was due to Apple’s suit (RIP Steve Jobs). Anyway, I had a problem where our CSC which is GLB was not available for the ROM file I downloaded. I’m not sure if it had anything to do with it but my phone constantly showed only an E in areas where I originally had a 3G or H signal (e.g. my room). Also, the performance improvements weren’t enough “for me” to warrant upgrading to this leaked version so I decided to go back to DXKI2. I think I’d wait until we get an official update.


In case you were wondering where to get XXKI3, you can get it from here (it is a 282 MB file download): http://hotfile.com/dl/130600047/b70801e/I9100XXKI3.rar.html


2 comments:

  1. Do u still have stock dxki2..anylink to download? Still cant find any available link..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried going to http://www.samfirmware.com/ ? That's where I get all my firmwares from.

      Delete