Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2016

Speed up your web browser by disabling Flash

Speed up your web browser by disabling Flash. And no, I don't mean to say Barry Allen. I have personally disabled Flash on mine and I have not come into issues. I think Youtube might have shifted to HTML 5? Not sure, but I do not have an issue with playing videos on the website as well. Give it a try and you'll immediately notice the performance improvement.

Firefox

  1. Click the Firefox menu icon (3 bars on the top right).
  2. Click Add-ons.
  3. Look for Shockwave Flash and select "never activate".

Google Chrome

  1. On the Chrome address bar (the area where you type the website links you want to open), type about:plugins and press ENTER.
  2. In the list, look for Adobe Flash Player
  3. There should be a link below it that indicates "disable". Click on that.
Give it a try. You'll immediately notice most websites now load a lot faster and your web browser consume less RAM.

No comments:

Post a Comment