Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Testing the MSI GTX 960 2G OC with Heaven Benchmark 4.0

I have owned the MSI GTX 960 2G OC for quite some time now. Testing the MSI GTX 960 2G OC with Heaven Benchmark 4.0 would be a logical thing to do. I did not bother playing with the default settings it came with except for changing the pattern of the glowing MSI logo on the video card itself. I like to keep it in the "breathing" pattern. You can refer to a previous blog post by clicking on this link for details on the different LED light patterns available on this MSI GTX 960 2G OC card.

Downloading Heaven Benchmark 4.0

You can download the benchmark tool by going to the link below:

https://unigine.com/products/benchmarks/heaven/

It's a 247 MB file so the download could take up to a few minutes; at least for us in the Philippines who have relatively slow internet speeds. It took me about 10 minutes, I think, to download using my 5 Mbps connection.

Installing Heaven Benchmark 4.0

Installation is a breeze and all I had to do was accept all the default setting except for the install location. I have an SSD where I installed my OS but I have most of my applications installed on another physical drive.

My system

I do not have a "high-end" gaming computer but the card performs well on 1080p gaming. I really like this card and I would say it is a "bang for the buck" GPU.

Processor: Intel I5-2400 @ 3.1 Ghz
Ram: 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333
Resolution: 1920 x 1080
GPU: MSI GTX 960 2G OC
GPU Mode: Gaming mode (default)

Results

I got fairly good results with FPS ranging from 40+ to 100+. It usually is in the 60+ range throughout the test. I also got a maximum GPU temperature of 60 degrees.

These are the default settings when I first opened Heaven benchmark and I didn't change anything before running the test.


Here are some of the screenshots that I took while the test was running.






I would strongly recommend this card if you want a good-performing 1080p gaming GPU. You can check out the link below if you want to order a GTX 960 online.

http://ho.lazada.com.ph/SHGjUS

No comments:

Post a Comment