Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2016

I bought the Logitech F310 gamepad and I'm loving it!

I was looking for a relatively cheap, plug and play, and reliable gamepad for PC gaming. I was used to the PlayStation 3 Dualshock 3 controller and wanted to get something with a similar button setup. I went to the Cyberzone at SM Seaside City Cebu and found the Logitech F310 game pad.

The Logitech F310 is packaged in clear plastic. I had a hard time opening the package and I simply can't tear it with my bear hands even though there were tear marks at the back. I had to resort to using a utility knife.


A "what's in the box" and system requirements are located on the back of the package.



The Logitech F310 appears to be a mixture of the PlayStation controller and Microsoft's Xbox controller. The joystick and the shoulder button placement appear similar to the PlayStation controller. The shoulder button labelled RT is a variable control which means that it is able to gauge how hard/soft you press on the button.



The buttons on the right look the same as Microsoft's controller with a similar X, Y, A, & B labels.






The controller was immediately recognized as "Gamepad F310" when I plugged it into my computer. I did not have to do anything and it immediately worked when I tried to use it in a game. Do not that the controller has a mode switch at its back to toggle it between the X and D modes. It is default to X and you will mostly be using this mode. The D mode is used for legacy games that do not support the X mode. You can check the documentation that came with the product for more details on this function. I have personally kept it on the X mode and didn't have the need to switch it to D.





The F310 feels comfortable in my hands and the textured sides (the black part) makes it easy to grip even when you have sweaty palms. The gamepad measures around 6 inches wide.





Overall, the gamepad is easy on the hands, has good feedback, and feels solid. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a cheap and reliable gamepad. I got if for a little over Php1000.00 at Data Blitz. If you want to order this gamepad and have it delivered to your door step, you can navigate to this link. This item is also available on Cash On Deliver (COD) in case you do not want or have a credit card.

The downside is that it doesn't have vibration support. That is, if your game supports it.

Refer to the link below, if you want to order this item and get it delivered to your address:

Logitech F310 gamepad 

Note: I did find an article with information on how to use a PS3 controller on your PC. It's easy and you'll need to install a little software. You can check out the instructions on this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment